Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Twitter

Anyone out there using Twitter?

What is Twitter?

It lets users send short, 140-character blog postings to friends who 'follow' you.

http://www.twitter.com/

It's better than setting up a texting group on your phone because friends and followers are dynamic---some start following you, some stop following you.

My family and I use it to keep in touch---last Thursday morning, while bleeding profusely on the upstairs carpet after crashing into a wooden cabinet and breaking my nose, I asked my wife to find my cell phone and 'twittered' a message "I just broke my nose". In theory, that message was then delivered to all 8 of my followers, which included my brother, my son, and some clients who were expecting me to greet them at 9AM.

Twitter is a start-up company---I received an email last week asking if I would like to work for them---I believe they have 20 or so employees in San Francisco.

As a start-up, they are not without their problems. A recent Wall Street Journal article about them seems to have caused some issues with their Search feature---it hasn't worked for about two weeks.

And that message about my nose? For some reason, it wasn't delivered until around Noon.

Still, I enjoy using Twitter. You should check it out.

No comments: