Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thoughts on....Customer Service

Hmmm...let's see, I sent a letter to Retrofitness in Moorestown, NJ on October 26th telling them that I was giving them 60 days notice of my membership termination.

You would think that someone would contact me to ask me why?

Customer Service--or should I say Customer Management---is a big buzz word these days.

"They" say that it takes 10 times as much effort/money to acquire a new customer than it does to keep one---yet no one from the my fitness club has contacted me to ask me why I'm no longer going to be a member after January 12th, 2009.

Some reasons?

No Kettleballs, a water fountain that was broken for over 3 months, no owner on site, no call back from the owner when Iasked an employee to have them (she wasn't sure if it was a man or woman) call me back, and the final straw, no placement of my wife's Avon catalogs in the large reception area.

You know what?

I bet sometime in late January or February they'll mail something to the house addressed to Current Resident offering me a discount to join the club :)

Amazing.

No comments: