Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm happy as can be that they won but what are they doing now?

I haven't written much about my beloved Philadelphia Phillies---those of you who have browsed my web site know the difficulties I had with Phillies management, Guy Weaver, etc.

Still, I was extremely happy when the team brought a championship to Philadelphia, and I celebrated like everyone else.

However, even in those euphoric hours after the exciting Game 5 win, and the parade, I needed to point out something very important---while the average working person paid hundreds of dollars to see the games, stayed up late to watch them, called in or out sick to go to the Parade, on Monday morning they were back at work--while our heroes are now enjoying about a month off before they go back to the 'work' of preparing for Spring Training in February. It's a hardship I know---particularly for those players making over 1 million dollars (Not all of them, I know--World Series hero Cole Hammels is only paid $500,000 per year--but he's looking at a huge raise this year.

Oh, if only my fastball hadn't topped out at 81 miles per hour---where might I be today?

No comments: