Sunday, November 9, 2008

Delran Saladworks strikes again

My wife and I went to Saladworks

Fairfield Blvd & Route 130
Delran, NJ 08075

again tonight for takeout---we generally get salads there three times a week---Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

I didn't go in, as I didn't want to ruin anyone's meal with my gashed face (as my daughter calls it.)

My wife purchased 3 salads for her, me and my daughter.

When we got home, my wife mentioned that the takeout plates had changed...indeed they did. They're smaller. Here's a picture of the new plate



I believe I've seen these before. An enterprising woman invented them and market them as diet dishes, because they 'fool' the person eating from them into believing they're getting more than they are.


I cleaned the plate, and poured water into it up to the level of salad we received---it was 20 ounces. I don't have one of the old plates, but judging from how long it took me to eat the same kind of salad I had last Tuesday evening, it's about 50% less.



How much did we pay for these salads?



BLT Salad----$6.79
Buffalo Chicken---$6.99
Fiesta------------$7.49
Total-------------$21.27
Tax--------------$1.49
Total -------------$22.76



Pretty pathetic for small plates---and lettuce. Gee, I'd love to own a Saladworks, but I wouldn't have the nerve to rip off people like this.

I'll be composing a letter tomorrow to the Saladworks Corporate office---I'll let you know how I make out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be really poor or really cheap 22.00 for three a la carte dinner slads. Had one tonite and it was in the same bowl and huge

Unknown said...

Anonymous...

I'm having trouble understanding what you are saying.

Are you saying you think $22 for 3 salads is a good deal?

I haven't been to Salad Works since they charged me $24 for 3 salads full of mushy lettuce.

Why don't you go down to the Chinese Buffet and really load up on that food---now that's a bargain.