Monday, November 24, 2008

Bellwether Catholics sided with Obama

I saw this article in yesterday's Philadelphia Inquirer---Bellwether Catholics sided with Obama

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/20081123_Bellwether_Catholics_sided_with_Obama.html

I'll let you read the article for yourself---I don't have a lot to say about it myself, except for the way that Catholics are bunched together.

For instance, I and my family are Catholics---we go to Mass every Sunday. We follow the preachings and rules of the Church.

I know other people who never go to Mass, who neither follow the preachings and rules of the Church, nor quite honestly do they know what they are.

Then there are people in between.

Asked by a pollster, all of these people would say they are Catholics, when in fact only set are practicing Catholics---and from my point of view, when pollsters lump me and my family in with the other group, I'm a bit annoyed.

Catholics who proclaim themselves as Catholics should be practicing Catholics.

If they don't attend Church regularly, and following the preachings and rules of the Church, then they need to categorize themselves as "Born Catholic", or "Baptized Catholic" or "Raised Catholic" or "Fallen Away Catholic" or "Do as I want Catholic."

Please, just don't skew the polls.

No comments: