Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Forks in the Road...

They say a cat has nine lives...not sure about people.

3 weeks ago tomorrow I tripped over my dog and smashed my nose into a wooden cabinet. 12 stitches and I'm basically back in business, but a few inches one way or other and I might have broken my jaw, knocked out all of my front teeth, or bashed my skull.

Each of us lives life within those "few inches one way or other" or "a few minutes one way or other". I call these forks in the road.

I (and I hear others) have theorized that these forks in the road generate split parallel existences---for instance, in one world, I have a 12 stitch broken nose. In the other, I'm in a coma with a fractured skull. In another, instead of falling forward, I fell sideways down the steps and now I'm dead...

You get the point.

I can count numerous times in my life where there have been these potential forks in the road---I'll get around to enumerating them.

How about you?

No comments: