Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time to start thinking about a new cell phone...maybe

Our 2 year plan with Cingular (now AT&T) runs out on December 24th :)

It's tempting to run out and upgrade, however, we are in the midst of a recession-depression, and my phone (and the others on the plan) work fine.

What's the point?

Still, it's always a good idea to have something in mind...

Since I've become a texting maniac since the last time I bought a new cell phone, I know I want something I can text with easily. I don't mind push buttons, but everything is pointing me in the direction of a touch screen.

I don't do much Internet stuff on the phone--I prefer to read email in my office. I mainly followed the playoffs and World Series on the phone when I was away from the TV.

Of course, it will need to fit into my shorts pocket when I go running in the morning, without bouncing around a lot and falling out.

And of course, it should work well as a phone--we can't forget that part, can we?

I did a good job the last time around in picking my Sony Ericson---ultimately, it performed very well, although I was a bit disappointed with the Radio part, and the camera developed a mar in it at the beginning of year 2.

I'm intrigued by the Blackberry Storm---although I hear it doesn't do well as a phone.

I also don't want to spend $300-$500 for it.

Maybe I'll just keep this one for a while.

No comments: