Sunday, November 16, 2008

Moodle---Administrative Wish List

I use Moodle to run my Internet Courses.

It's an Open Source product, and I could download and install it on my own Web Site, but it's easier for me to use this company to do so...

http://www.moodlerooms.com

I can't say enough nice things about this company---the price is good, and the support is personalized and quick.

Tom Murdock and Gina Stevens run the company--and they both do a wonderful job. Because of them, I have this...

http://johnsmiley.mrooms.net

There are some things I would like Moodle to do that I don't believe it currently does...

1. I would like to be able to generate automated, periodic emails to students in my classes. For instance, the first day of a new class, I would like to generate a welcome message. Prior to the first Office Hours chat, I would like to send a reminder. Prior to the half way point in the course, I would like to send a reminder about our midterm. The day the course ends, I would like to send a thank you message. You get the idea. Moodle permits me to use a Group Mail feature--but it's manual.

2. I would like to be able to accept payment for my courses directly through my Moodle site, and link it to my Paypal account. There is some chatter about this on the Administrative Panel--but I haven't figured out if it gives me what I need or not.

3. I would like my courses to be advertised in the world wide Moodle community---not sure how to do that.

No comments: