Sunday, December 14, 2008

When I am 50 years old (as written by Elementary School Students)

My son's friend is an Elementary School Teacher.

In celebration of another teacher's 50th Birthday, he asked his students to imagine what they would be doing when they were 50. Here is a compilation.

When I am an old lady of fifty, I would be complaining that God hasn't take me yet that is if I'm still living. I( would feel achy and my life would be awful.

When I am an old man of fifty I would play golf almost every day with my buddies. I would be working every other day making $100 a week. I would have to watch my grandchildren when I am not working or playing golf. I would go to any place where senior citizens don't have to pay. I would live in Blue Bell in an apartment for old people.

When I am an old lady of fifty I'd probably be living in a small house, reading most days. Good books, not the kinds in hospitals.

When I am an old lady of fifty I would be living in a big house. I would have a small white dog. I would have a wealthy husband, no kids, and live happily ever after.

When I am an old lady of fifty, I wouldn't need a walker or a home.

When I am an old man of fifty I hope to be in good health. I want to think that I will have accomplished many tasks. When I'm fifty, I will be getting ready for retirement. I will have a whole lot of time on my hands, so I will do many exciting things such as go skydiving. I will be the coolest fifty year old person.

When I am an old man of fifty I will build an amusement park with roller coasters and food carts. I will go to China for a vacation and see all the wonderful things. I will live in Asia. I will go water skiing.

When I am an old lady of fifty, I will be in a small house with pink and purple walls and a blue door and red windows. My cat and I would bake cookies everyday and my husband would watch football. Every other weekend, my grand kids would come over and we would go out and have fun.

When I am an old lady of fifty my daughter will get sick of me harassing her then she'll put me in a retirement home and also I shell find me a new husband because my old one is dead.

When I am an old man of fifty I don;t think I would look like an old man with a cane and wrinkles with false teeth, gray hair, and bald spots.

When I am an old lady of fifty, I will be playing bingo every Sunday. Every part of my body will ache horribly. I will live in Germany to see where my ancestors came from.

When I am an old many of fifty I will probably join the hair club for men. I will way my finger at kids on my lawn, have a power chair, and lots of money.

When I am an old man of fifty, I will live in Tokyo and have a great phone that shows live video.

When I am an old man of fifty I will think the closes are very strange, like sweater vests.

When I am an old man of fifty I will be using a cane, have no teeth and eat pudding.

2 comments:

Sara said...

LOL Those are hysterical. Thanks for the laugh.

John Smiley said...

Hi Sara

Thanks for reading :)

Being 53, I can agree with the aches part---but that's about it so far. No golf for me yet.