Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Totally Wasted---And proud of it (no, not me)

Totally Wasted---And proud of it

This is the title of an article I read over the summer in my wife's Glamour magazine...I totally forgot about it until I found it at the bottom of my in basket this morning.

It details the levels---degrees---degradation that underage drinkers are going to these days in order to achieve their 'high'. Check out the online version here...

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2008/08/totally-wasted-and-proud

I'm totally against underage drinking, driving under the influence, excessive drinking of any kind. The drinking age is 21---wait until then to have your first drink, and quite honestly, I don't care if my kids ever have a drink.

Some may call me a prude (and I've been called worse) but I've seen too many lives ruined by this crap to condone it.

I knew someone who, when finding out that their daughter was at a party where underage teens were being served, called the police. I would do the same thing.

I'm sick and tired of parents trying to be friends with their kids, saying that they'll drink anyway, pretending that serving them vodka jello jigglers is preparing them for college, etc, etc. Give me a break---if they have to go out in the woods to sneak a drink, let them---don't condone it in your house.

No comments: