Monday, December 15, 2008

Facebook---Michael Smerconish again

I blogged a week ago about Michael Smerconish and his revulsion of Facebook in the Philadelphia Daily News.

I saw this response (from Sandie Rabena of Phoenixville) to his article as a Letter to the Editor in the Philadelphia Inquirer (Sunday, December 14, 2008). It's quite good...

RE: "Facebook epidemic," Michael Smerconish, last Sunday:

As a parent of children ages 21, 20 and 17, I can tell you that they think it is "SO LAME" for older adults to have a Facebook profile, and, even worse, for anyone over 30, particularly a family friend or relative, to ask to be added as a friend.

One thing I did ask my children was: When did they plan to get rid of their Facebook profiles?

A hard question, since it is their lifeline to about a zillion of their closest friends. Brows furrowed, they got very quiet, and finally, could not offer an answer. And that, perhaps, is how it will someday be OK for adults to use Facebook!

I'm 53---I remember when our generation said "Never trust anyone over 30." Then of course, we turned 30, and 40, and 50.

No comments: