Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanks Dell for allowing me to have Microsoft XP

I was telling some people that I would like to upgrade my computer system, but I don't want to get stuck with Vista.

I kind of knew, but wasn't sure, that if I yelled and screamed, Dell would provide me with a PC running XP.

I got an email this morning from Dell about 'holiday' savings, and towards the bottom was a link that said 'Get XP'. When I clicked on it, I discovered that there are a bunch of systems you can get configured with XP Pro, and also Vista if you later decide you want it (yuk). Here's the tinyurl link for it...

http://tinyurl.com/586jjm

When you arrive, there's a big banner that says

"YOU SPOKE - WE LISTENED"

When you buy a Dell PC system configured with the Windows Vista® BONUS, your PC will come loaded with Windows XP® Professional pre-installed.

With the BONUS option, you can transition to Windows Vista when you’re ready.

Your BONUS Kit will include Windows XP Professional back-up CD which will allow you to re-install or transition back to XP from Vista if necessary plus Windows Vista Business or Ultimate installation DVD.

Transitioning to Vista is entirely your choice.

Windows Vista BONUS gives you the opportunity to run the XP OS for as long as you like.

No comments: