Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010--Drivers are getting worse

Is it just me, or have other noticed, the very impatient drivers on the road.

I drive through residential streets for the most part, and I can't recall a week where I had so many ill-tempered, impatient drivers tailgating me.

Just this past week, I had to open my window and invite someone to pass me IN A SCHOOL ZONE because she simply couldn't tolerate me driving the posted speed limit of 25MPH. Turns out, she was headed to the same train station that I was, and she managed to park her car and get to the platform on time--but really, sweetheart, if you're that nervous about making your train, try getting up 10 minutes earlier.

On Thursday, while doing 15MPH in a Philadellphia school zone with flashing overhead lights, I was nearly rear-eneded by a woman with New Jersey plates who thought 35 to 40MPH was really the appropriate speed in a 2 block area full of children, parents with toddlers, etc. I hit the horn as she passed, and two crossing guards were stunned--they should have taken out a pen and jotted her plate number down and given it to the police (I think they can do that.) I bet she would love it if her kids were subjected to this sort of danger in her Moorestown neighborhood---of course, she doesn't much care what she does on Levick street in Northeast Philadelphia.

Speaking of plates, here are 2 that regularly tailgate me on my way home---once again, it's a posted 25MPH zone, and he or she just can't wait to get home for whatever. By the way, people who anger other drivers should avoid having vanity plates---it's way too easy to find you in the neighborhood.

NJ YARDS
NJ YCL714

No comments: