Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Running thoughts...Looking for a way to keep your hands warm while running in the morning?

Looking for a way to keep your hands warm?

Well, whether it's early morning running when it's under 20 degrees, or whatever outdoor activity you pursue, I highly recommend Heatworks Air Activated Hand warmers.

Many of you know that I run early in the morning, and it gets quite cold. Because of a medical condition with my hands, if my hands get cold, they eventually turn white, then purple, then who knows what.

My wife first found these hand warmers at the Christmas Tree Shop---she got them for .69 a pair. They're great. You open the package, and within a minute they're warm, then they get quite toasty. The manufacturer claims they get up to about 160° Fahrenheit, and I don't doubt it. They stay that way for about 6 hours.

The only problem is that they aren't always available at the Christmas Tree Shop.

I've found similar ones at Dicks and Ricky's Army Navy store in Delran, but these are really the best.

Fortunately, I was able to locate them online at

http://www.campingsurvival.com

I just picked up 40 pair for $21.95 plus shipping (about $6).

No comments: