Saturday, January 10, 2009

Retrofitness Moorestown Review

As I end my 1 year membership at Retrofitness in Moorestown, I thought I would post a review.

http://www.retrofitness.net/Store.aspx?Location=97d00793-2f21-4b15-81c2-9f7d5844a2bb

Overall, I think the club is one of the best I've seen.

Facilities are clean, equipment is plentiful and in working order, the staff is present, attentive and willing to help. Hours are good.

Monday-Thursday 5:am - 11:pm
Friday 5:am - 11:pm
Saturday-Sunday 7:am - 6:pm

They have on site babysitting, a chiropractor.

They have a movie room with a different, timely movie each day of the week. Many of the cardio pieces have equipment have their own televisions.

Retrofitness also features a snack bar with plenty of reading material.

Despite all of this, I quit after one year. I'm an avid runner, so the cardio machines don't mean much to me, and I prefer working out with kettle bells to the weight machines, free weights and dumbbells that Retrofitness offers.

They also provide access to EFT---a group of personal trainers who do a good job with people who need some extra attention and motivation. You negotiate directly with EFT for their services--they have a desk on site.

Really, the only knock I have against Retrofitness is that it took several weeks to fix a water fountain, and the lights in the ladies room are still not working.

No comments: