Friday, January 30, 2009

$76 for a Tylenol?

I've heard about stories like this, but never really experienced it.

Back on November 7, 2008 while in the Cooper Emergency Room having my broken nose treated, the attending nurse asked me if I needed anything for pain and I said "just give me a Tylenol."

After he went to get it, my wife said she had a few in her pocketbook.

It took about half an hour to get them from the nurse (or so it seemed, I was a bit impatient to get out of there).

I just got around to paying my $100 deductible for the Emergency Room visit, and see that my total bill for the 3 hour visit was $2,279.00, of which $76.00 was Pharmacy.

The only thing I received from Pharmacy were the 2 Tylenol, which works out to $38 a pill.

Amazing.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Well, that is rude... was it even real Tylenol? Maybe they decided to charge you $76 for knock-offs. :(