Monday, January 5, 2009

Retrofitness---Update January 5, 2009

You may recall that I sent Retrofitness of Moorestown a letter on October 11th, indicating that I was giving them my 60 days notice of termination (actually, that was 90.)

I called on Friday, January 2nd to confirm that they would be dropping my as of January 11th?

Guess what? They don't have a record that I sent the letter!

Someone named Jenny assured me that she would call me the next day (she didn't) with the status of my termination letter.

This morning my wife was there, and Jenny said she didn't have it--and that I should have filled out a form (not according to my contract :)

I called Jenny---she asked me to bring a copy of the letter in when she is there. I told her that I expected my contract to end on January 11th---not 60 days from tomorrow. She told me she 'thought' it probably would.

I asked for her last name (got it, but I'll keep it under wraps for now.)

I also asked for the name of the owner. This has always been a big secret at Retrofitness. I've never been able to get the last name. I hate doing business with absentee owners---and secretive owners. For crying out loud, what's the big secret? Do you think I'll blog it?

Jenny told me it's owned by 3 people---Alex, Michael and AJ. I asked for last names--she couldn't give them to me.

I'll need them for Small Claims Court---it's always a problem trying to sue someone if you don't have their last name.

More to follow after I drop the copy of the letter off tomorrow.

I'll be watching my American Express Bill for the $19.99 charge. If it's on there, I'll be disputing the charge.

1 comment:

John Smiley said...

Wow Anonymous

That's a perceptive comment.

Are you an employee, or perhaps one of the owners without a last name?