Friday, February 20, 2009

Nancy Pelosi meets the Pope

I read with much amusement yesterday that Nancy Pelosi (Speaker of the House of Representatives) met with Pope Benedict the other day. During the meeting, the Pope urged Nancy to protect and respect life at all stages of life.

Nancy labels herself a Catholic, and has been described as such by the press---does anyone know what church she attends, as I'd love to attend Mass there one Sunday and see what Church advocates abortion.

I don't want to be judgmental, but it's my religion, and I have the right...

Let's face it---Nancy's a politician, and has been for some time.

Once she decided to run for public office, she had a decision to make---follow the tenets (doctines) of the Catholic faith, or knuckle under to the secular world. She knuckled under. She really had no choice. In today's environment, it's difficult to win election with a Pro-life stance (wow, can I say anti-abortion stance?)

Nancy should cease describing herself as a Catholic. It annoys me. It offends me.

I'm likewise offended that in the same article describing Nancy as a Catholic, it reminded us that JFK was a Catholic president.

I'm not sure that I would describe JFK's marital indiscretions as something the Catholic faith advocates and believes in.

Let's cease with the JFK Catholic label as well.

No comments: