Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can there be another company more INCOMPETENT than COMCAST of Burlington County

You may recall the issue of my 3 cable boxes--COMCAST of Burlington County has me recorded as having 4.

Last Wednesday, February 9th, I scheduled an appointment to have a search done of my premises to verify that I truly have 3.

When I made the appointment, the Customer Service Rep (I should have written or blogged her name) told me these types of appointments are limited, and that the earliest she could get someone there would be Tuesday, February 17th, between 12 and 2.

At 2:10PM today, after no one showed up, I called COMCAST to ask where they were---the Customer Service Rep (again, I didn't record the name) told me the technician was running late, but would be here today.

Finally, when no one showed by 3:45, I called COMCAST again. The Customer Service Rep (Danielle her name was) told me the appointment had been set up wrong, and that no one would be coming out today. Furthermore, she said, these types of appointments are limited, and the earliest she can get someone to verify my service would be Friday, February 20th, between 8 and 10AM.

Danielle apologized profusely, and assured me she knows how to set up the special appointment.

COMCAST, by the way, is great for apologizing---they do it all the time when they mess up your service, fail to provide reasonable Digital Voice in the Cinnaminson area, not show for appointments, mess up appointment registrations, etc, etc, etc.

Want to be they don't show?

3 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

This is unacceptable. My apologies will not resolve the problem, but I am hoping that you will allow me to assist.

I will reach out to our local leaders to ensure this is resolved for you. Please let me now the phone number on the account so that I can assist.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to assisting you.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

John Smiley said...

I've contacted Mark Casem via email---I'll let you know how this turns out.

John Smiley said...

About an hour after contacting Mark Casem, I received a phone call from an Executive Customer Support person (Betsy) who told me she would be following my case until it is resolved.

That's great to hear, and I will keep everyone posted.