Friday, February 13, 2009

Danger in the skies over Cinnaminson

I'm sure the guy who called me a moron in reference to my Retrofitness post a few weeks ago know the answer to this question---and undoubtedly the man I met last week at the Ritz 16 last week who never made a mistake in his life know the answer to this question but...

The tragic crash of the Continental airplane in Buffalo last night, coupled with my early morning view of incoming air traffic over the skies of Cinnaminson this morning brought to mind several incidents of what I consider to be illegal flight actions over my neighborhood.

For instance, several years ago when a ride malfunctioned at the St. Charles June carnival, leaving riders suspended upside down for a few hours, there were 3 news helicopters over the scene taking live pictures for television. Does air traffic control know they are there? We have jets circling over Cinnaminson and then proceeding to Philadelphia International for landing. They are so low I can see the numbers on the tail.

About two years ago, I noticed a small plane circling the neighborhood on Sunday mornings---I suspected he may have known someone in the neighborhood, as he seemed to be making an attempt to get the attention of someone on the ground.

I'm pretty sure that these are FAA violations---is there a telephone number I can use to report activity like this and complain?

No comments: