Tuesday, April 21, 2009

People talking in movies---Part 2

I wanted to rant and rave about my movie experience at the Ritz on Saturday, April 18th--but before I do that, let me post this letter from David R. Ruffling that was printed in Saturday's Philadelphia Daily News---it expresses very well what I think of people who talk in movies...here's the letter

I really enjoy Solomon Jones's Saturday columns.

I especially related to them, as was the case with "Loudmouth Noise that Annoys."

But he forgot to mention one subset of loudmouths, perhaps the most notorious of them all---the ignoramuses who have conversations in movie theaters with their dates/husbands/wives while a movie is in progress, or the people who feel compelled to do their own running narration of the movie out loud. (Subject for a future column?)

Keep those fine articles coming.

David R. Ruffing, Phoenixville

No comments: