Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A letter to the Ritz 16 in Voorhees New Jersey

I just emailed this to the Customer Service email address of National Amusements, owners of the Ritz 16 in Voorhees, New Jersey.

My wife and I go to your Voorhees New Jersey location every Saturday evening to see a movie, and at least half the time we are bothered by loud, inconsiderate patrons who either talk during the movie, narrate the entire movie, or talk or text on cell phones.

Prior to the previews, you display a canned statement indicating that we should make the manager aware of anything detracting from our movie going experience, but why should I interrupt my viewing of the movie to report someone who will most likely pick a fight with me for tattling on him.

In the old days, ushers patrolled movies to ensure that patrons were behaving properly.

I'm not sure you can do that easily with 16 theaters, but something needs to be done.
Perhaps you can have quiet shows, where it's understood that absolutely no talking will be tolerated.


Or quiet sections, 5 or 10 rows in the back reserved for people who can behave.

Or perhaps post a phone number where bothered patrons, like me, can text a message to management and tattle on an offending patron anonymously.


By the way, I would be glad to pick up one of those sets of earphones, but I would prefer to use a sanitary set of my own.

If I purchase a set of Bose speakers, would they work in the Ritz 16 in Voorhees?


John Smiley

No comments: