Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moe's Deli--Frankford Avenue. No hot dogs?

I rarely eat lunch, but my wife and daughter convinced me to join them for lunch at Moe's Deli in Northeast Philadelphia.

Moe's is one of the few places in Philadelphia to offer Texas Tommy's---hot dog, cheese on a roll.

A few minutes after giving the waitress my order, she informed me that they are out of hot dogs. Are you kidding me?

Last time I ordered a Texas Tommy at Moe's, they used my hot dog for a children's platter for a party that came in 10 minutes after us.

I'm giving up--I won't be back.

I had a bowl of soup (paid $4 for it), then walked next door and got a pretzel at the Philly Pretzel Factory.

By the way, across the street, the Mayfair Diner is advertising Early Bird Dinners. Again, are you kidding me? Times are bad, but Early Bird Dinners to attract customers to that landmark.

Is the end in sight for the Mayfair Diner?

1 comment:

Sam said...

What a bummer! Aw man, sorry to hear you've had such unfortunate experiences there.

Ever been to Schlotzsky's deli? I'm working with them right now and they just released three new Big League Clubz sandwiches that are delicious - I highly recommend trying one (the Beef 'n Bacon seems to be pretty popular). They're part of a baseball-themed sweepstakes (http://www.bigleagueclubz.com/) - the grand prize is a trip to St. Louis in July to see all the stars, and there are also fantasy teams from http://www.SimDynasty.com and tons of other stuff.

If you can make it out, definitely try one of the new sandwiches (I'm pretty sure they won't "run out", haha).

Cheers,
Sam