Tuesday, June 23, 2009

St. Charles accident of June 12th update

I had posted an entry last week concerning an accident that occurred on the grounds of St. Charles School in Cinnaminson on Friday, June 12th. I waited until I saw some official word on it before updating.

On Tuesday, June 16th, this information was posted on the BCTNow.com website.

A teenage bicyclist was injured Friday after he was struck by a truck while riding on Branch Pike in Cinnaminson, police said.

According to investigators, the 14-year-old boy was riding near the intersection with Pamona(sic) Road at around 12:30 p.m. when the accident occurred.

The boy sustained serious leg injuries and was flown by helicopter to Cooper University Hospital in Camden for treatment, police said. The boy’s identity was not released and his condition was not available. Police described his injuries as not life-threatening.

The identity of the driver of the vehicle that struck the boy was not released. Police said the driver was not injured.

My note: It's my understanding he was struck by a Carnival truck

And more...

On the last day of school, Wednesday, June 17th, an end of year letter from the Principal of St. Charles, Diane Kinnevy, had this information.

As many of you know one of our 8th graders was hit by a truck on Friday. Jimmy is in Cooper's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. His legs were severely injured. So far he has had two surgeries. He probably will need more.

Jimmy can be reached by email at

jimmywalsh2009@gmail.com

Jimmy missed his scheduled graduation. If he wants one later this summer Fr. PJ and I are more than willing to make sure he gets it. Please keep Jimmy Walsh and his family in your prayers.

Considering the condition of the bike when I drove by the scene that day, I think it's amazing the young man survived. I'm happy to hear that he did, and I will pray for his recovery. I hope anyone reading this does also.

No comments: