Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting rid of old computer equipment in Cinnaminson

OK, I've had some old computer equipment (PC, Monitor, Ink Jet Printer) sitting in my garage for 2 years.

I tried to give the stuff away at my neighborhood yard sale last Saturday with no luck.

I put the stuff at curbside on trash pickup day this past Wednesday with a sign that said 'free' and no one picked it up.

I know that I can't just put this stuff in the trash---it's against the law because of the potentially environmental harmful components.

Let me check the Cinnaminson Website to see if there is a mention of what to do with it...

Let me call my friendly Cinnaminson Municipal number and see what happens...

Hmmm...

http://www.cinnaminson.com

takes me to the School District Website. I don't want that. But wait, there is a Cinnaminson Township link

http://www.cinnaminsonnj.org/

Let's click on the Services menu...yes, there's another menu. How about Public Works? That takes me to another menu, but nothing about trash. Hmmm, it looks like everything I click on the Services menu takes me to the same menu, with Parks Highlighted. Must be something broken.

I take matters into my own hands and manipulate the url directly like so...

http://www.cinnaminsonnj.org/publicworks.htm

That takes me to what appears to be the correct window, but nothing specific about computer equipment (or for that matter the old paint I have).

I then called the number listed for Public Works

856-829-6703

and within 2 rings, a very pleasant woman answered the phone. I explained I had some computer equipment and old paint.

She told me that I missed the computer equipment pickup which was May 16th (I missed the announcement) and suggested that Goodwill Centers might take it.

As far as paint, she told me that if it's less than half a gallon, I can mix it with kitty litter and put it out normally. Any more than half a gallon, I can drop it off at the Cinnaminson Department of Public Works...

Department of Public Works
1601 Union Landing Road
Cinnaminson, N. J. 08077

I'll let you know how I make out with the Goodwill Centers.

No comments: