Monday, September 7, 2009

Thanks Megan

I wanted to thank Megan Duckett, CEO of Sew What? Inc for taking my phone call last Monday, August 31st, while I was discussing her company in a Case Study that appears in the McGraw Hill Textbook I use in my evening class, MIS 204 (Introduction to Management Information Systems).

I've tried calling Bill Gates (Microsoft) and Jeff Bezos (Amazon.com) before with no luck.

When I called I reach someone (Sylvia, I believe) who was polite and who actually took the time to see if Megan would talk with me and the class.

Megan was busy working on a project at the time, but told Sylvia to get my number and told me she would call me back in 5 minutes--and she did!

We had a nice 3 minute conversation, in which I explained that we were reading about her very successful company---a company, by the way, that prides itself on Customer Service!

That's not surprising if the CEO takes a cold phone call from a College Professor and spends valuable time offering advice to students in today's work environment.

Her advice--study hard. She said she didn't always follow this advice herself, and that she's had to work twice as hard to overcome it.

I think she's doing pretty well for herself.

Megan had just come from the Los Angeles Forum where she was meeting one of her clients---Myley Cyrus (who she describes as a nice person).

You can read more about Megan and her company here...

http://www.sewwhatinc.com

and here's a blog that Megan maintains...

http://www.sewwhatinc.com/blog/category/company/

No comments: