Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rest in Peace Albert Carlson

I was reading the Philadelphia Daily News obituaries when I saw that a classmate of mine from All Saints Elementary School in Bridesburg had died.

I remember Albert Carlson as a very nice kid---at least he was to me.

I also remember his situation being the saddest I had encountered up to that point in my life...I seem to remember one of his parents dying (his mother or father I can't remember) and then about a week later, the other one dying.

Imagine being left in that situation---how horrible.

Of course, my memory could be wrong, because I can swear the same tragedy befell another student in a grade behind me. I forget his name, but he was a nice guy also. I think we called him Sarge.

I see from his Obituary that Albert had two daughters, and also some grandchildren.

I haven't seen him since our 8th graduation.

I hope Albert had a great life, and that both parents were there to lead him to the pearly gates of heaven.

Rest in Peace.

No comments: