Friday, October 30, 2009

Rest in peace Starbuck Casey

This obituary appeared in the October 25, 2009 Edition of the Burlington County Times.

There's just something unbelievable about it---particularly when I see that there's a little brother named Dunkin.

Services were supposedly done by the Sweney Funeral Home in Riverside---but their website shows no such service

http://www.sweeneyfh.com/main.cfm

At any rate, here's the Obituary...

Starbuck Casey died Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009.

Born in Visalia, Calif., on Nov. 20, 1998, he was named after his adopted father's outright passion for Starbucks coffee. Originally a native of Northern California, Starbuck came to the East Coast in 1999. He resided in Palmer, Pa., spent most of his years in Lumberton, N.J., and most recently lived in Nazareth, Pa.

Adopted at birth by Dan and Kolleen Casey, he is also survived by his doting brother, Connor, and his caring sister, Caroline. They cared for him and protected him. Over the years they learned how to take care of him by giving him his insulin when needed. Starbuck never winced, always taking his shots in stride. He is also survived by his menacing little brother, Dunkin, who was always by his side, a loyal companion to the end.

Sweeney Funeral Home,Riverside

5 comments:

Mumsy+ said...

My mother sent me a copy of this obituary and initially I thought it was sad.... then my daughter caught all the oddities and suggested it was a pet's funeral notice (probably a beloved dog?) I have wished I could confirm my suspicions. Did you ever follow up?

John Smiley said...

I didn't really want to pursue it---I'd have to take it up with the Obit section of the newspaper, and that might be a dead end.

I am glad that someone else thought it was peculiar.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, it looks very much like a prank.

mp

Beth said...

John - this sounds odd. I thought maybe it was an ad for starbucks :) Dunkin....as in Dunkin Donuts? lol

Thanks for sharing,
Beth

Beth said...

John - not sure if my first post went through....kind of thought this was funny...thought maybe it was an ad for Starbucks....the insulin shots being the extra "shots" you get in their coffee drinks and Dunkin being Dunkin Donuts....lol

Thanks for sharing,
Beth