Monday, June 10, 1974

Villa Restaurant

I just started work as a bus boy/diswasher at the Italian Villa Restaurant on Bustleton Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia.

I started on Monday---quit on Wednesday.

My hours were 5 to 11, but I didn't get out of there either night until after 1, and my parents were a little concerned.

What I remember most about the place were the waiters and waitresses seemed have to dress in hats and fancy shirts and blouses, the salad bar, the hot water to get the the sauce off the dishes, the crusted on burnt sauce in the pans, and the slippery floor.

I called the nasty owner on Wednesday to tell him I wasn't coming in and he started yelling and screaming at me.

My father called him to ask him about my paycheck, and he apparently said he wasn't going to pay me. My father threatened to punch him in the nose and drove up to get my paycheck. He got it :)

No comments: